PNR Passenger Name Record is simply a record of passenger names who are booked via computer system earlier. Railway Passenger Name Record is a ten Digit unique code number provided by Indian railway while passengers booking their train ticket. This ten digit passenger record number carries information related to one railway ticket or irctc booked tickets status. It is a record of a single person or group of person that is stored in computerized reservation system. This Number can be found at the top left corner of a ticket. It the itinerary for a passenger. When a passenger books an itinerary, the travel agent or travel website user will create a Passenger Name Record in the computer reservation system it uses. Through Passenger Name Record we can find availability of seats, confirmation of booking and all status easily. However, It is always recommended to check the status of your irctc PNR before your journey.
Methods to Check Indian Railway PNR Status
There are many ways to check IRCTC PNR status easily.
CHECK VIA SMS
One of easy way is to check via SMS on mobile. You can check your PNR status by simply sending to 5676747. You will get all information about the status of your booking. You can also send
SMS PNR <10-digit No.> to 58888
SMS IRPNR [number] to 57886 to check status. These service may charge a little, but fast ways.
OTHER WAYS TO CHECK
->Through online Indian railway website where you have to type your PNR No. and you will get booking status.
->Another way is calling from phone. From your phone dial 139 and by entering your railway pnr number you can get the latest status of your ticket.
->If you have BSNL mobile then, you can check via travel and railways and give your PNR no. Then they will send SMS about status.
->Also, there are many online private websites who provide you free service to find booking status of your PNR and availability of ticket.
IRCTC PNR Status check on Internet-
Passenger can check IRCTC PNR status on Internet By Entering ten digit ticket number printed on top-left side corner of ticket at above.
How to Find PNR Number
To find PNR number ticket which is booked by Railway station counter you can find it at Top-left side of ticket printed in black color. If you booked your ticket at IRCTC website you can find it Passanger and journy detail coloumn on ticket.
What is IRCTC?
IRCTC means Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation. IRCTC is official website of ministry of Railway and tourism to handle online ticket system, train tracking, holiday ticket booking, catering and many other operations in single Place. IRCTC have official helpline number where you can contact for any service i.e. ticket booking, food booking during journey. Its official No. is 011 2334 0000.
IRCTC Symbol Means
|CNF / Confirmed||Confirm ( Seat no. and coach no. will be available chart preparation.|
|CAN / MOD||Cancel or Passenger Modified|
|CKWL||Current Quota Waiting List|
|WL#||Waiting List Number|
|RAC||Reservation against cancellation|
|RLWL||Remote Location wait list|
|PQWL||Polled quota wait list|
|GNWL||General Wait List|
|REGRET / WL||More ticket booking not permitted|
|RELEASED||Ticket Not cancelled but alternate accommodation provided|
|R##||RAC Coach number and birth number|
Indian railway is one of our most wanted and very broad services in India. Our government provides us many useful services to book tickets easily and to find available tickets and to travel with safe everywhere. Our railway system is very fast and user-friendly. Checking booked ticket status before Travelling in train is mandatory if you are willing to travel in a particular seat that you wanted.
Following are the some of the important Indian Railway Facts-
- The total distance covered by the 14,300 trains on everyday, equals three & half times the distance to moon.
- The first train on Indian soil ran between Bombay and Thane on the 16th of April 1853.
- IR has about 63,028 route kms. of track.
- IR employs about 1.55 million people.
- It carries over 13 million passengers and 1.3 million tones of freight everyday.
- It runs about 14,300 trains daily IR has about 7,000 stations.
- The longest platform in the world is at Kharagpur and is 2,733 ft. in length.
- Nehru Setu on Sone River is the longest Railway bridge.
- 42 Railway companies operated in the country before independence.
- Electric Locomotives are manufactured at Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, Chittaranjan Coaches are manufactured at ICF/Chennai, RCF/Kapurthala and BEML/Bangaluru.
- The national Rail Museum at New Delhi was set-up in 1977.
- Stations across State Lines are Navapur (Maharashtra and Gujarat) and Bhawani Mandi (Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan).
- Classes of travel on Indian Railway: Ist AC, 2nd AC, 3rd AC, AC Chair Car IInd sleeper IInd ordinary.
- Railway Station with all the Three Gauges is Siliguri Railway Station First/Longest/Oldest in Indian Railways.
- First Railway Bridge Dapoorie Viaduct on the Mumbai-Thane route .
- First Rail Tunnel Parsik Tunnel First Ghats Covered by the Rail lines Thal and Bhore Ghats.
- First Underground Station Calcutta METRO.
- First Computerized Reservation System started in New Delhi (1986).
- First Electric Train ran on 3rd Feb 1925 (between Bombay VT and Kurla).
- Toilets on Trains were introduced in 1891 (1st Class) 1907 (lower classes).
- Shortest Station Name Ib (Orissa) Longest Station Name Sri Venkatanarasimharajuvariapeta (Tamil Nadu).
- IR Busiest Station Lucknow (64 trains everyday).
- Longest Run (Time) Vivek Express (3715 km in Approx 71 hrs).
- Shortest Run Route between Nagpur to Ajni (3km).
- Longest Run for Daily Train Kerala Express (3054 km in 42.5 hrs).
- Longest Non-Stop Run (Distance) Trivandrum Rajdhani (528 km in 6.5 hrs).
- Longest Rail Platform in the World Kharagpur (2,733 ft in length).
- Longest Rail Bridge Nehru Setu on Sone River (10044ft in length).
- Longest Tunnel Karbude On Konkan Railway between Monkey hill & Khandala (6.5 km).
- Oldest Preserved Locomotive Fairy Queen (1855), still in working order.
- Indian Railway Fastest Train Bhopal-Shatabdi (runs at a speed up to 140 Km/ph).
- Train with Maximum Number of Halts Howrah-Amritsar Express (115 halts).
Lets Enjoy Check IRCTC PNR Status
**Not Affiliated with Railway