Note: If a passenger changes boarding station once, they don’t have any rights to board that train from the original boarding point.
You can easily change your boarding stations online through IRCTC official website. For this original ticket should have booked through online booking only. Then only you can change your boarding station online.
Steps for changing boarding stations online:
Log in to the IRCTC website with your login ID and password.
2. Click on the option of ‘Booking Ticket History’.
3. You will be redirected to the Booked Train Tickets page. There you can select the appropriate train for which you want to change your boarding point — select the train in the radio button. Before selecting make sure you are selecting the correct train.
4. Click on the ‘Change Boarding Point’ button.
5. You will be redirected to the ‘Change Boarding Point’ page and where you can see the train details for which you want to modify the boarding station.
6. Select New Boarding Station from the drop-down menu under the Change Boarding Station section.
Important points to remember before changing the boarding station online:
1. A passenger who has booked online tickets via IRCTC can change his boarding station online 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, IRCTC says on its website.
2. The new feature is available to all passengers who have booked their train tickets online and not through travel agents or the Passenger Reservation System.
3. According to the IRCTC website, if a passenger changes the boarding point once, he will lose all rights to board the train from the original boarding point.
4. Boarding point change is allowed only once, says the IRCTC website.
5. If found travelling without required authority, the passenger will have to pay the fare with penalty between original boarding point and the revised boarding point.
6. Boarding point change is not allowed if a ticket is seized.
7. Boarding point change is not allowed for PNRs with the VIKALP option.
8. Online boarding point change is not allowed for I-Ticket.
9. Boarding point change is not allowed for the current booking ticket, according to IRCTC rules.